Friday, October 9, 2015

Minions

Minions

Minions: 3 stars
Directed by: Kyle Balda & Pierre Coffin

I have honestly never been a fan of these little, yellow jelly-beans.  I enjoyed the Despicable Me films, but while I thought their antics were cute, I was more interested in Gru and the girls. It seems I am on the unpopular end of this spectrum as Despicable Me 2 put more focus on the Minions which led to their very own film. I have no problem with them, but I saw them only as cute, comic relief.  

I thought Despicable Me had a lot of heart and a good story to go along with it. Despicable Me 2 annoyed me only because I saw less of Gru and the girls and more of these guys. Minions was cute, but that was about it. There was no real substance to it. It was the minions doing what they do best: messing things up, going bonkers over bananas, and speaking in the gibberish that they have become known for.

Minions follows Bob, Kevin and Stuart in 1968 as they search for a boss that they and the rest of their tribe can serve. They head to Orlando where Villain-Con takes place. There they meet Scarlet Overkill (Sandra Bullock), the first female super-villain.  She hires them to hire the Queen of England's crown. Of course, hilarity (I guess) ensues. I found myself smiling throughout the film, but I only laughed once and that was because I was hoping for (and got) a Beatles cameo. This film is filled with gags that are sure to make kids laugh, but nothing worth remembering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment