Friday, October 9, 2015

The Beast Within: A Tale of Beauty's Prince by Serena Valentino

This book was okay.

The story changes a bit in the sense that the enchantress has three older sisters that want nothing than to see the Beast fail. I don't really know why they're there other than the author is going to make them a permanent fixture in all her retellings.

I did enjoy getting a peek into the Prince's life before he became a beast and I thought the explanation as to why he has such a bad temper was clever.

I enjoyed the story and overall thought it remained true to the Disney story we all know and love.











This is a quick read and I think worth reading if you want more of an explanation as to why a prince had to become a beast in order to learn a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment