Friday, September 11, 2015

"The Scorch Trials" by James Dashner

I enjoyed "The Maze Runner", but I must say I enjoyed this one more.

Of course I rushed to read it since the film comes out in a week and I don't like being unread when I watch a movie based on a book.

Anyway, it did take me awhile to get into the book. Not that it was uninteresting, but I could put it down and continue with my life if I had things to do. When the book neared the end I blocked out the world and read until it was over. It gripped me.

I'm excited to start "The Death Cure" now. I also wish it was next week so that I could be in the theatre watching the movie.

This book is a quick read and I could have finished it sooner if I wasn't distracted by other books and life.

I give this book three stars. I enjoyed the relationship between Thomas and the gladers as well as the conflict between him and Teresa. I was rooting for Brenda and Jorge, the new characters we are introduced to. I am anxious to find out where the relationships are headed especially between Thomas and the person he feels betrayed him. I also enjoyed the parallel between Group A and Group B.

Now the only thing I can hope for is an ending that is well worth the build up that has reached until this point.

Here's to "The Death Cure"!

No comments:

Post a Comment