Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick

I could say that I hate sci fi, but I don’t. It’s the genre that least interests me, but I definitely don’t hate it. It takes a lot for a science fiction to be able to pull me in and those that manage to do so, I like. This is not one of them. 

This is the book that “Blade Runner” is based on. I mean LOOSELY based on. I haven’t seen the film so I’m not sure how much it differs from the book, but according to my research the only things the book and movie have in common are the character names. I discovered this after checking out the e-book and seeing the alternate title of Blade Runner or Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?  

To me this wasn’t a compelling story. It was interesting to see certain elements of how the characters live in this futuristic world. Otherwise though I just didn’t care. 

The main character Rick is an android bounty hunter. That should have been more exciting than it was. 

If science fiction is your thing check it out, otherwise you can definitely skip. 




No comments:

Post a Comment